These Lemon Blueberry Muffins are nutrient dense, juicy from the blueberries and pack a lemony zap from the @zappyo Yerba Mate tea. By soaking the oats in @zappyo tea, it makes these the ultimate breakfast muffin or afternoon pick me up snack 🙌
Yerba Mate is an amazing herbal tea made from leaves and twigs from the llex paraguariensis plant. It is rich in nutrients, antioxidants, boosts energy and focus while offering the same power as coffee. All of @zappyo loose leaf tea blends are made with Yerba Mate!
Blueberry Lemon Yerba Mate Muffins
1 cup of strongly steeped and cooled @zappyo Lemon Royale Yerba Mate tea
1 cup of quick oats
1.25 cups of whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 cup of hemp hearts
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 cup of maple syrup
1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted, but not hot
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1.5 cups of frozen blueberries
1 tablespoon of @zappyo Lemon Royale loose leaf tea
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cooled tea and quick oats. Let sit for 10 minutes so that the tea soaks into the oats.
- In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, coconut oil, applesauce and vanilla extract. Add the oat mixture and combine.
- Mix the flour, hemp hearts, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl and add to the wet mixture and combine.
- Gently fold in the frozen blueberries.
- Spoon the mixture into greased muffin tin about 3/4 full. Sprinkle with loose leaf tea.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the centre of the muffin. Let cool before removing from pan.
- Enjoy with a cup of @zappyo Lemon Royale tea.